Election Judge Information
An election judge is responsible for:
- Opening and closing the polls on election day
- Helping voters register to vote and make changes to their registrations
- Directing people to the correct polling places
- Ensuring each voter gets the correct ballot style
- Other very important services as assigned
Election Judges are required to:
- Be registered to vote, or be a student of at least 16 years of age.
- Be prepared to sit or stand for at least 12-15 hours on election day.
- Attend at least one election judge training class held by the County Clerk before each election.
All judges are compensated
for time at the training classes and on election day. The County Clerk also pays each election judge for meals on election day.
If you are interested in becoming an election judge, please call Kit in the
Clerk's office at 307-322-1306.