Welcome to Platte County
Current County Happenings
County Commissioner Scholarship Applications
Platte County Clerk, Chris Kanwischer, announced today that applications are now being accepted for County Commissioner Scholarships. Applications are available
at here, the Platte County Clerk’s office, or from the high school guidance counselor.
All applications must be in the Clerk's office no later than March 31, 2015, to be considered by the Board of Commissioners. There are three (3) new scholarships ($500 per semester),
and one (1) renewal scholarship for prior recipients for attendance at accredited Wyoming colleges. Funding is made available by the Wyoming Legislature and the scholarships are administered by the University of Wyoming, Department of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
For additional information, contact your high school guidance counselors or the County Clerk.
NOTICE OF HEARING TO DISCUSS PETITION TO DIVIDE PLATTE COUNTY RURAL FIRE DISTRICT 2F
1. Notice is hereby given that the Platte County Board of Commissioners re-ceived a petition from David Weber, Troy Cochran and Michael Morford. The petition requests that Rural Fire District 2F (a special district) be divided under the authority granted by Wyoming Statutes § 35-9-212 through 35-9-215 per-taining to the division of a fire district and under the Special District Elections Act of 1994, Wyoming Statutes § 22-29-101 through 601.
2. The signatures of owners of fifty percent (50%) or more of the privately owned lands of the proposed detracted area (Antelope Gap Rural Fire Protection Dis-trict), who constitute fifty percent (50%) or more of the taxpayers within the proposed detracted area are attached to the petition for division.
3. The name of the proposed district is Antelope Gap Rural Fire Protection Dis-trict.
4. All land in the Platte County Rural Fire District 2F and in the proposed Ante-lope Gap Rural Fire Protection District lie within the boundaries of Platte County, WY.
5. Description of the boundaries of the proposed Antelope Gap Rural Fire Pro-tection District and the land situated therein with particularity: That portion on the east side of Platte County Rural Fire District 2F shown in the 2F bylaws as “Antelope Gap Zone” and consisting of those parts of Voting Precinct 1-6 and 9-1 currently in District 2F; excluding Fire District 1F, Guernsey Fire District, Chugwater Fire District, and the areas within the incorporated boundaries of municipalities within the County specifically including Chugwater, Wheatland, Glendo, Guernsey, and Hartville. (See Attachments A and B.)
6. That the persons signing this petition request that the Platte County Rural Fire District 2F be divided under Wyoming Statue § 35-9-212 through 35-9-215, and under the Special District Elections Act of 1994, as amended, Wyoming Statutes § 22-29-101 through 601.
A public hearing on the potential division will be held on Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. in the Platte County Commissioners Room.
Weed & Pest District Board of Directors
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Platte County Board of County Commissioners is soliciting nomination petitions for Directors of the Platte County Weed and Pest Control District, Area 2, (Dwyer); Area 3, (North Wheatland); and Area 6, (Chugwater); Area 7 (Town of Wheatland). The term of office is four (4) years. The Board of County Commissioners will make appointments from the qualified petitions for nominations at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, January 6, 2015.
Prior to appointment, a nominee for Director shall submit a petition, signed by at least ten (10) landowners, to the Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners, at least five (5) days before the date of the above described Commissioner meeting. Therefore, no petitions will be accepted after 4:00 p.m. Monday, December 29, 2014. Petitioners for nomination must be landowners and physically reside in the designated district area they are seeking nomination to. Petition forms can be acquired at the Office of the Platte County Clerk or the Platte County Weed and Pest District.
BOARD POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The following is a list of position openings on various Platte County Boards for 2015. Should any Platte County resident have a desire to serve on any of these Boards, complete a
or contact County Clerk Chris Kanwischer at 322-2315.
7-01-15 Patsy Parkin
HOSPITAL FOUNDATION BOARD
7-01-15 Jean Dixon
PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION
7-01-15 Marty Shepard
7-01-15 Sherry Warner
11-1-15 Laura Poling
The Platte County Commissioners will also be appointing a County Engineer on January 6, 2015 for a period of one year. If interested, please submit information to the County Clerk.
New Process for Sex Offender Registry
Platte County has updated to a new process for tracking sex offenders in the county. Below you can find the new link to the Sex
Offender Registry powered by Offender Watch.