PASSPORTS ARE CURRENTLY TAKING APPROXIMATELY 10-12 WEEKS TO PROCESS. PLEASE APPLY EARLY FOR YOUR PASSPORT!!
The Clerk of District Court is a passport acceptance facility. To apply for a passport, you will need the following:
- Passport Application
You can obtain an application either from this office, or you can download a form and obtain information from the U.S. Department of State.
- Proof of Citizenship
The proof of citizenship (birth certificate, certificate of naturalization or old passport) will be mailed to the Passport Agency with your passport application and returned with your passport. You will need to present one of these documents:
- A certified copy of your birth certificate, issued by the Department of Vital Records. (Not all birth certificates are alike! Click here to see birth certificate requirements.)
- A previous passport
- An original Certificate of Naturalization
- One passport photo
These must be 2” x 2”, full face, with a white background.
- Driver’s license or other approved government issued identification
- Application fee
- Ages 16 and older is $110 Book / $30 Card
- Under 16 years of age is $80.00 Book / $15 Card
- Execution fee of $35 made payable to the Clerk of District Court is required for every application.
- Expedited fee is an additional $60.00 to receive passport within three weeks
- Overnight envelope fee is $17.56
Children Passports Requirements
If you are applying for a passport for a child under the age of sixteen, both parents must appear with the child to sign the passport application and provide identification. There are also authorization forms available at the website listed above if one of the parents is unable to appear.