If you are chosen for jury duty these are some things you need to know:
- Jury service is one of the most important civil obligations that a citizen has the opportunity to perform.
- You will be on jury duty for one year, beginning April 1st through March 31st.
- You will be notified by mail approximately two weeks prior to when you are to report for a trial. It is your responsibility to inform this office if you change your name, address or employer.
- Trials begin immediately after jury selection and typically last 2 to 5 days.
- You will be paid the jury service fee allowed by Wyoming State law of $30 per day plus mileage, if you travel more than 5 miles, after the conclusion of the jury trial.
- Jurors are randomly selected from driver's license and registered voters by the Wyoming Supreme Court.
- This Office will try to accommodate your pre-scheduled vacations, doctor appointments, surgeries, business trips etc. You will need to provide notification to this Office as soon as you make your plans AND BEFORE receiving a letter summoning you to appear for a specific trial.
- Hearing assistance devices are available for jurors use during trials.