Concealed Firearm Permit (CFP) Application - Online Instructions
- All applications are available online at the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) website and must be completed before you apply at your local Sheriff’s Office. This includes new applications, renewal applications, and duplicate applications.
- Please completely fill out the form you intend to use and print out 4 copies.
- The original form plus 3 copies are to be taken to the Sheriff’s Office in the county where you reside.
- You must include the following application fees, which must be submitted in the form of a money order or cashier’s check made out to DCI or WY Attorney General’s Office; DCI does not accept cash, credit cards, or personal checks:
- New Application: $64
- Renewal Application before expiration date: $45
- Renewal Application after expiration date (must be within six months of expiration date): $55
- Duplicate Permit Application: $5
Sheriff’s Office Fees
In addition to the fees submitted to DCI, the Sheriff’s Office also has required fees for CFPs.
- New application:
- $25 when notarized at Platte County Sheriff’s Office
- $15 when notarized elsewhere
- Renewal application:
- $15 when notarized at Platte County Sheriff’s Office
- $5 when notarized elsewhere
- All Sheriff’s Office fees can be paid in form of:
- Cashier’s check
- Exact cash
- Money order
- Personal check
- Once all applications are submitted to the Sheriff’s Office, you will be sent to the Platte County Detention Center for fingerprinting.
- Once fingerprint cards are submitted to the Sheriff’s Office, you will be sent with a copy of your application to the Wyoming Department of Transportation (DOT) Driver’s Services Office to have your picture taken for the permit. This must be done within 10 days of the date we receive your fingerprint cards.
- Processing times may take up to 60 days, depending on volume, once all documents are received at DCI. The Sheriff’s Office will receive the permit and contact you once it is completed.
For More Information
Questions or concerns may be submitted to the WY CFP email or by calling 307-777-7181.
More information about Concealed Firearm Permits visit the DCI Concealed Firearms Permits page.