General Information
Phone Numbers
Fax: 307-322-1343
Emergencies: Dial 911
850 Maple Street

Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm

VIN Checks

VIN Checks

If you have a vehicle title from outside the State of Wyoming, you will need to have the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) verified by a law enforcement officer before registering it with Platte County. VIN checks are done from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. if a deputy is available.

Any certified Peace Officer can do a VIN check. We do not accept appointments to go to someone's home or business to do VIN checks. However, if a deputy is available, and at their convenience, they may be able to go to your county residence and do an on-site VIN.

Note that the County Clerk's Office is open from 7:00 a.m to 4 p.m., so plan your time accordingly. A $10.00 inspection fee will be collected by the clerk.