About the Platte County Clerk:
Elected in November 2018, Malcolm Ervin serves as Platte County's 12th County Clerk. County Clerks provide a wide variety of government services. There are numerous statutory references to County Clerks but Wyoming law dictates what a County Clerk shall do under Wyoming State Statutes §18-3-401 through §18-3-402. Under those statutes, Offices of County Clerks perform the following services:
The Office of the County Clerk is also responsible for:
- Conducting Elections within the County (W.S.S. §22-2-103)
- Issuing Vehicle Titles (W.S.S. §31-2-101)
- Issuing Marriage Licenses (W.S.S. §20-1-103(a))
- Filing security interests (Chattels, Liens, & UCCs) in vehicles or motor vehicles (W.S.S. §34.1-9-501(iii))
- Issuing payroll for all County employees
- Keeping a list of all County assets
There are two ways to research Platte County property records:
- In person at 800 9th Street, Wheatland - All property records are open for public inspection, free of charge, in the office of the County Clerk
- Online at iDoc Market - Computer indexing of records began in 2002. Those records are available for inspection by visiting iDoc Market. Users will be required to subscribe and pay a fee to inspect those records.
The Platte County Clerk's Office is open Monday - Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Our office does close on recognized County holidays. Those holidays are listed in this Resolution (#2020-32).
There are numerous ways to contact our office:
- Mail: PO Box 728, Wheatland, WY 82201
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (307) 322-2315
- In person: 800 9th Street, Wheatland, WY 82201
We look forward to serving you with efficient, competent and friendly service!