General Information
Phone Numbers
Fax: 307-322-2245
Emergencies: Dial 911
800 9th Street
PO Box 728

Monday - Friday
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Transient Merchant Licenses

About Transient or Temporary Merchant Licenses:

Merchant licensing is governed by Wyoming State Statute §33-20-101 through §33-20-210. A temporary or transient merchant is described as, "All persons, firms and corporations, both as principal and agent, who engage in, do or transact any temporary or transient business, within in one (1) locality or more by traveling from one (1) or more places in this state, selling goods, wares or merchandise and who for the purpose of carrying on such business hire, lease or occupy a building, structure or car for the exhibition and sale of such goods, wares or merchandise." (W.S.S. §33-20-201).

So, if you are a traveling salesman Wyoming requires that you obtain a transient/temporary merchant license by applying with the County Clerk's Office. 

Transient merchant licenses are valid for one year from the date of approval!

How to apply:

  • Applications are under the Transient Merchant License heading on the Clerk Forms page
  • A fee of $200.00 per license, which must be paid by check to the "Platte County Clerk"
  • Each person who will be selling must obtain a license
  • You will need a name and date of birth for each salesperson
  • The phone number and mailing address for the company
  • The function/purpose of the license
  • The time frame that you intend to sell
  • A description of the goods or services to be sold